At this point in my life, I know all about me, myself and I. Joys, sorrows and society have shaped me and my world view. The flaws and strengths I’ve had since childhood, are now proudly embraced. I prefer to live behind the scenes, but will strongly claim my space in this world, if challenged. I live in truth; my truth. It’s been a difficult journey, and my most significant accomplishment.
Here are my 10 Truths:
1. I’m a classic introvert. I love the people (and dogs) in my life, but require alone time and personal space. When my solo tank is empty, I literally and figuratively, retreat. As a child, I preferred observing others, over playing with my peers. My mom used to say, I “marched to my own drum”. I still do.
2. I'm a challenge seeker, not a risk taker. I have no desire to jump out of airplanes, but I will become fluent in Spanish and travel to all 7 continents.
3. I'm gay. I'm married. Nuff said.
4. I'm a liver transplant recipient and grateful for life, even when times are rough.
5. I'm not a phone person. Most likely, it has nothing to do with the person on the other end. I talk to people all day and it's the last thing I want to do when I'm home. I'd prefer you text me to check in or we meet in person to explore something new.
6. I am security focused and risk aware. Money = security so I want quite a bit of it at my disposal and in my accounts.
7. I cannot stand stereotypes, probably because I tend to be an outlier. I'm Danni, no other labels are needed.
8. I'd much rather convey my thoughts via words, then by speaking. See #1 for my reasoning.
9. Gazing out at a body of water is the closest I will have to a religious experience. It humbles me how minuscule our existence is in comparison to the vastness of the ocean. The next time you have a bad day, think about that one.
10. Death scares me, but not experiencing life on my terms, scares me more.